3. Main Organizer: Zhao Changjun Wushu Academy of America Co-organizer: Wu Dang Kung Fu Academy, United States Wushu Academy
4. Competition events: Wushu taolu series, including different kinds of hand forms, weapons in single, pair, confrontation, group routine series (See Appendix 1).
5. Methods of registration:
· Members from all the Wushu associations, health qigong organizations, schools throughout the world, as well as enthusiasts of Wushu, may register either as individuals or as members of a team.
· Individual All-Around Event: Participants (from youth and young adults group) are required to compete in three single events, which should include both fist and weapon forms. Scores from these three events will be used to calculate the All-around score.
· Each Group Wushu Performance should have 6 or more participants. Musical accompaniment is required for the performance.
· Overall group event: If more than 10 people (can be male or female) take part in single events, they will have an opportunity to win overall group championship.
· Ages and health conditions of the Competitors shall be checked by the teams or by participants themselves. Participating teams or individuals shall be responsible for any accidental injuries and deaths caused by health problems during the games and bear relevant medical fees.
6. Details of Regulations:
· The competition comprises of Single events, Group events, and overall group event.
· The rules and regulations used in this competition follows the “Traditional Wushu Competition Method” formulated by the Wushu Sports Management Center of the State General Administration of Sports in China; “Health Qigong demonstration competition scoring calculation method” formulated by the Health Qigong Management Center of General China Sports Bureau and all additional rules of information will be included in this regulation.
· Competition age categories:
Children (Division A):
Division A1 under 6 years old (born after 1 Jan 2014)
Division A2 6-7 years old (born between 2012-2013)
Division A3 8-9 years old (born between 2010-2011)
Division A4 10-11 years old (born between 2008-2009)
Children (Division B):
Division B1 12-13 years old (born between 2006-2007)
Division B2 14-15 years old (born between 2004-2005)
Division B3 16-17 years old (born between 2002-2003)
Youth (Division C):
Division C1 18-24 years old (born between 1995-2001)
Division C2 25-29 years old (born between 1990-1994)
Division C3 30-34 years old (born between 1985-1989)
Division C4 35-39 years old (born between 1980-1984)
Middle Aged (Division D)
Division D1 40-49 years old (born between 1970-1979)
Division D2 50-59 years old (born between 1960-1969)
Elderly group (Division E):
Division E1 above 60 years old (born before 31 Dec, 1959)
Novice group (Division F):
First time tournament participants:
10 years old or younger (born in 2009 and later)
Individual All-Around Event:
Youth group: 12-17 years old (born between 2002-2007)
Young adult group: 18-25 years old (born between 1994-2001)
· Time limitation of all events:
o Time for every single and pair routines must be between 40 seconds to 2 minutes (not including health qigong).
o Taiji events routines must be 2 to 4 minutes. The arbitrator will whistle 3 minutes into the routine to alert the athlete. Participants of Taijiquan Competition Taolu, Promotion Taolu (42 Taijiquan hand form, 48 Taijiquan hand form, Chen Taijiquan hand form, Yang Taijiquan hand form, Wu Taijiquan hand form, Sun Taijiquan hand form, Wu Taijiquan hand form) shall perform only the first half of the routine. Participants of Popular Taolu (24 Taijiquan hand form, 32 Taiji straight sword) shall perform only the first three out of four sections of the routine. No point will be deducted for the non-required section.
o Time for group routine event routines must be between 1- 4 minutes.
o Time for health Qigong event routines shall not exceed 6 minutes (including single and group event).
· Regulations on Musical Accompaniment
o Group routines: Musical accompaniment is required. There is no restriction on music selection.
o No music is allowed for any other events.
· Group events: There is no restriction on age and gender for each group.
· No unified standard for competition costumes. Competitors shall wear their own Kungfu costumes or uniforms for their events or performance.
· Costumes and equipment are the responsibility of the competitors themselves. There are some on sale.
7. Rankings and Awards:
· Awards are presented to the top 8 places of Single Event according to different classifications, age groups, male group and female group. Top 3 players will receive gold, silver and bronze medals, as well as certificates, respectively. Rank 4-8 will receive medals.
· Score for the Individual All-Around Event is the sum of scores from three single events. Awards are presented to the top 8 places in Individual All-around competition, according to different classifications, age groups, male and female group. Top 3 players will receive gold, silver and bronze medals, as well as certificates, respectively. Rank 4-8 will receive medals.
· Awards are presented to the top 8 places of Pair according to different classifications, age groups, male group and female group. Top 3 players will receive gold, silver and bronze medals, as well as certificates, respectively. Rank 4-8 will receive medals.
· Group events are open to participants of all ages and gender, top 8 pairs will be awarded. Top 3 teams will receive medals, as well as certificates, respectively. Rank 4-8 will receive medals.
· Group total points: Trophies are presented to the top 8 places.
8. Scores calculation methods:
· Individual All-Around event score: The final score of each contestant is the sum of his/her scores from each of the three Single events.
· Overall Group event Calculation Method: A team with 10 or more competitors will be regarded as scoring unit. Score for each team is the sum of scores of the best 10 players. Team with the highest score wins the championship; team with the second highest score the runner-up, etc.
9. Registrations and Relevant Charges:
· Registration Deadline: April 30, 2019 (post mark date)
· Registration fee: $90/person for first event. Each additional Single event is $20/person. Individual All-Around event is $30/person. Registration fee is due before 30th April 2019. Late registration fee is $110 per person for first event. Additional event charges remains the same.
· Registration for group event: $400
· Appreciation for Masters’ performances: $20/person (including the ticket.)
· All fees are non-refundable after registration.
· After the registration is submitted, any amendment of the registration shall be submitted as a written request (amendment letter). Every time an event change is requested, an amendment fee of $25/event is due at the time of change.
10. Check in
· All participants should check-in before 8:30 AM on May 26, 2019.
· All competitors must attend the opening and closing ceremonies.
· Please remember to bring the following documents:
o Copy of the Registration form for verification
o Copy of identify card or passport for proof of age
o Music CD for competition events
11. General referee, deputy referee and arbitration committee members are to be appointed by the organizing committee. Referees are to be those appointed by the teams and those volunteers recommended by various Wushu associations (certified by the organizing committee).
12. Organizing committee will inform fellow participants regarding any additional information formally when necessary.
13. Interpretation of all the regulations and rules of the games is subject to the understanding of the 2019 NJ International Wushu competition Organizing committee.